31 years, musician. Born in Ziguinchor, youngest of ten.
Why the trip Stockholm-Dakar: It is an experience and the more you travel the more you learn!
- Unite everybody in the team
- Keep the calm in difficult city trafficand when the traffic situation is caotic
- Calm, no stress. In the most unexpected situations he may pick up the kora and just start playing.
- Good at analyzing other people and their needs (for example as a co-pilote/DJ)
- Difficulties in handling other people’s stress or at least very sensitive to it
- Easily affected by the atmosphere
What you didn’t know about Maher: No one can eat as many mandarines in a row as Maher!
30 years, musician and project leader. Born in Höör, youngest of three.
Why the trip Stockholm-Dakar: I wanted to feel the connection between people and show that it is possible to create it. I wanted to increase my own understanding that it is one world and also contribute to other people’s understanding of it.
- Best at organizing!
- Alot of energy
- Good at seeing what the group needs
- Good at adapting to new situations
- Stressed sometimes
- Time optimist
What you didn’t know about Sousou: Absolute need to listen to Swedish/American singers when driving (especially if she is abit tired)
32 years (oldest in the team!), artist/different occupations. From Zinguinchor, oldest of five.
Why the trip Stockholm-Dakar: It is an experience to pass through different countries and see how people live and act. Meeting alot of people.
- Can sleep anywhere
- Is not afraid of contacting people he doesn’t know (true for all the team members)
- Neutral and can therefore mediate in conflicts.
- Good at seeing what needs to be done.
- Good at organizing things.
- Does not take so many own initiatives (which is a strength in this group!)
What you didn’t know about Malang: Constant need to pee (even at a pay station in the middle of a high way)
30 years, youngest of two. Journalist/ethnologist/translator/writer/communicator/consultant…. Born in Sundsvall.
Why the trip Stockholm-Dakar: Showing that diversity is inspiring and being inspired by diversity on the road between two cities I have been travelling in between for 10 years. Better understand what the connection Europe-Africa and Africa-Europe can mean to people in different places, particularly to those struggling to make the trip in the opposite direction.
- Good at organizing the group
- Communicator; good at contacting people
- Gives alot
- Not so sensitive and humble.
- Bad at being not nice
- Over energy and stress sometimes
What you didn’t know about Karin: Has received the pet name Communique during the trip